Reporting directly to the Executive and Artistic Director this is a permanent full time position.
Vision: We are inventive, inclusive, contemporary story tellers engaging our world through stirring theatrical experiences.
Mission: To create live theatre by telling relevant stories that reflect our communities. To develop the work of Canadian artists to invite a diverse audience. To explore intimate and immersive experiences in our home, the Martha Cohen Theatre.
Alberta Theatre Projects seeks an experienced Fund Development and Major Gifts Manager to work closely with the Executive & Artistic Director to secure corporate sponsorships and actively drive fundraising efforts from individual donors to support the organization’s mission. This position will also have responsibility for planning corporate stewardship events and overseeing events for our Director’s Circle program.
The Development and Major Gifts Manager will develop and execute both short-term and long-term strategic fundraising plans to meet annual fund, endowment and special project campaign fundraising goals.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have exceptional communication skills, and demonstrated success working with sponsors and individual donors. Knowledge of the arts and the Calgary corporate and philanthropic community are a plus. Candidates must have the ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment, an interest in regional theatre and the desire to grow in the field of fund development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years fundraising and administrative experience.
- Experience with grant writing and research and preparation of corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving proposals.
- Track record of achievement in fundraising goals; specifically, through relationships, annual appeals, major gift asks, direct mail, digital campaigns, and special events.
- Experience developing annual fundraising targets and departmental budgets as well as multi-year projections.
- Supervisory experience required along with excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience utilizing Tessitura or other CRM software is an asset.
ATP offers competitive compensation and benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email a resume with a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in the position to:
Kate Donovan, Receptionist, email@example.com
Start Date: December 1st (flexible)
Apply by Monday November 12th at 5:00pm to receive full consideration.
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. People with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website at www.atplive.com.