Alberta Theatre Projects seeks a full-time Development and Major Gifts Manager to work closely with the Executive & Artistic Director to secure corporate sponsorships and actively drive fundraising efforts from individual donors to support the organization’s mission. This position will also have responsibility for planning corporate stewardship events and overseeing events for our Director’s Circle program.
The Development and Major Gifts Manager will develop and execute both short-term and long-term strategic fundraising plans to meet annual fund, endowment and special project campaign fundraising goals.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have exceptional communication skills, and demonstrated success working with sponsors and individual donors. Knowledge of the arts and the Calgary corporate and philanthropic community are a plus. Candidates must have the ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment, an interest in regional theatre and the desire to grow in the field of fund development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years fundraising and administrative experience.
- Experience with grant writing and research and preparation of corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving proposals.
- Track record of achievement in fundraising goals; specifically, through relationships, annual appeals, major gift asks, direct mail, digital campaigns, and special events.
- Experience developing annual fundraising targets and departmental budgets as well as multi-year projections.
- Supervisory experience required along with excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience utilizing Tessitura or other CRM software is an asset.
Please email a resume with a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in the position to:
Sharon Lensen, Director of Finance and Administration at email@example.com
Start Date: October 22 (flexible)
Please apply by Thursday, October 4th at 5:00pm to receive full consideration. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website at www.atplive.com