The Horowitz Events Centre is looking for a highly-organized individual to join our team as a Client Coordinator. This is a full-time, year round position.
The duties of the Client Coordinator targeted at the success of client events using services and space offered by the Horowitz Events Centre. The Client Coordinator is one of the primary initial point of contact for interested parties looking to rent venue space, book catering services, or other event services from the Horowitz Events Centre.
The Horowitz Events Centre has a multi-person client coordination team. This position will be focused on managing the events taking place in the Horowitz Theatre and ancillary venues.
The Horowitz Events Centre is the Conferencing & Events arm of the University of Alberta Students’ Union. We run and manage all events taking place in the Students Union Building on campus, and provide catering & events services to all University of Alberta campuses.
The Horowitz Theatre is a 720 seat performance theatre which has hosted a wide range of shows including concerts, comedy, live performance, lectures, and dance festivals. In addition to the theatre, the Horowitz Events Centre has 12,000 sqft of conferencing and meeting space booked for over 4000 events per year.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the booking calendars for the venues within the realm of the Horowitz Events Centre.
- To negotiate contracts for services relating to dates, rates, staff, and miscellaneous charges.
- To ensure that queries raised with the Conferencing and Events Department, are promptly and effectively handled and adequately answered (or forwarded to the responsible party), and to ensure that such actions as may be necessary in follow-up to such queries is taken in a timely manner.
- To coordinate tours of the venues for potential clients.
- To ensure that clients have proper insurance to cover their activities with the Horowitz Events Centre.
- To receive and report feedback from customers and clients and to actively make efforts to address any issues, seeking to identify continuous improvement opportunities wherever possible.
- To create client orders for catering and hospitality services.
- To coordinate tastings of catering menus with the kitchen staff for potential clients.
- To work flexible hours to ensure that services are delivered efficiently, on time, and in the best interest of the client.
- To work as a team member by participating in miscellaneous tasks as may be identified from time to time by the Conferencing and Events Management Team.
- To perform other job-related duties as may be required by the Manager of Programming and Venues to ensure the smooth and secure operation of the Conferencing and Events Department
- To produce quotes in respect to client orders, encompassing facility fees, equipment fees, and staffing costs, and food costs, with consultation of the appropriate members of the Operations Team and the Kitchen Staff.
- To develop accurate documentation to be used to bill clients, and to forward such documentation in a timely manner to the Accounting Department.
- To attend such meetings as may be required to support the smooth operation of all conferencing and event services or the Students’ Union as a whole.
- To recognize, address and handle issues in a manner which reflects the requirements of the Manager of Programming and Venues, and in a manner which contributes positively to the smooth operation and success of Horowitz Events Centre Venues.
* A minimum two years of related post-secondary education, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
* Excellent organizational and strong writing skills are required
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work with little or no supervision
* Ability to work with students, staff, University faculty and administration with a dedication to providing excellent customer service
* Computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, are a requirement. Experience with Mac operating systems will be considered an asset
* Must be able to work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends
* Experience in a theatre will be considered an asset
* Experience is food or hospitality services will be considered an asset
* Knowledge of budgeting and staffing procedures will be considered an asset
* Experience in the arts and culture or entertainment industry will be considered an asset
* Experience in a bar or hospitality venue will be considered and asset
* ProServe certification will be considered an asset
* 37.5 hours per week
* Willingness and ability to work varying hours – including weekends and evenings
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain posted until filled
TO APPLY: https://uasu.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=61