The Artistic Associate will lead ATP’s New Play Development initiatives, reporting to and working closely with Executive & Artistic Director (EAD), Darcy Evans to commission and develop new Canadian plays for eventual programming in ATP’s core season.
We are looking for someone connected to both Calgary’s established and emerging artistic community, with strong knowledge of the national arts community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take the lead on all New Play Development Initiatives, including soliciting pitches, script reading,
and producing workshops and readings.
- Assist EAD in creating a long-term strategy for developing new plays
- Participate in Season Planning as part of the Artistic Team
- Direct & Dramaturg at least one reading or workshop per season
- Organize and Lead talkbacks in collaboration with Artistic Team
- Assist in grant writing
- Provide administrative assistance to the Executive & Artistic Director
This will be a contract position for the 2018-19 Season beginning in mid-September to mid-April with the possibility of the position evolving into a permanent role in future seasons. We are flexible with residency at ATP within this time frame to accommodate an artist who may already have existing commitments in the current season.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email outlining your experience and interest in the position to [email protected] with subject header of “Artistic Associate Submission”.
Review of applications will begin on September 7th and continue until the position is filled. Please submit by this date to receive full consideration.
ATP is committed to reflecting our community in all of its diversity. We encourage artists from all cultures, races, ethnicities, and gender identities, mental and physical abilities to apply.