The Citadel Theatre in Edmonton is looking for a highly-organized team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our Production team as the Assistant Technical Director. This is a full-time, year-round position.
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing a season which includes a Mainstage series of six plays, Beyond the Stage Series, our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol and, assorted other projects as they arise from season to season. We support a vibrant theatre school and an active new play development program. Our facilities are available for rental by other arts organizations and community groups.
The Citadel complex includes:
• The Shoctor Theatre – a proscenium stage with 686 seats
• The Maclab Theatre – a thrust stage with 685 seats
• The Club (previously the Rice Theatre) – a 155 seat cabaret-style theatre
• The Tucker Amphitheatre – an open-air multi-functional area which seats 150
• Zeidler Hall – a 220 seat theatre suitable for films and lectures
• The Lee Pavilion – a beautiful indoor garden with pools and a 30 foot waterfall
The Assistant Technical Director assists the Director of Production and Technical Director in ensuring high quality production values for all Citadel productions and rental events and making appropriate, effective and safe use of our facilities and human and financial resources.
Responsibilities (under the direction of/in collaboration with the Director of Production and Technical Director):
• coordinating activities related to Citadel Theatre productions
• participate, as required, in aspects of design, construction and technical servicing of activities
• researching, costing and purchasing of materials, equipment, and theatrical techniques when requested
• arranging and overseeing technical support for rental events in the Citadel complex, ensuring the effective and efficient operation of facilities and equipment
• acting as a representative of the Theatre in meetings with rental clients and ensuring, with the Guest Services department, excellent customer service
• supervising the arrangements for and effective and efficient operation of get-ins, fit-ups, sound checks, installations and strikes for visiting artists, companies and groups.
• participate, as required, in managing staffing to ensure appropriate technical staff are present to meet the technical and production needs of artists and groups,
• ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, licensing and safety requirements and IATSE agreement and company policies
• tracking and stocking first aid supplies to first aid kits
• extensive technical experience in a theatre setting
• post secondary technical theatre training or equivalent experience
• knowledge of production techniques and theatre equipment
• working knowledge of CAD or Vectorworks; Excel and First Aid
• Certified with First Aid and Fall Protection training
• strong team leadership and interpersonal skills
• highly organized, able to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines
• availability to work evenings and weekends
• experience working with IATSE
• a positive attitude
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter by September 13, 2018 to: Human Resources, The Citadel Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.