In the Spotlight is a Broadway Musical Revue, featuring male and female singers and dancers, youth (minimum 8 yrs.of age), teens, and adults. The show is currently booked into the Westbury Theatre, Edmonton, on 4 & 5 January (3 shows). Cue-to-cue is on 3 January. We are planning to book additional Cabaret shows in Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Some of the featured musicals include segments from:
Beauty & the Beast – Full cast – ensemble and highlighting soloists and dancers
Carousel – Male Soloist, Male & Female Duet and Ensemble numbers
South Pacific – Highlighting Male & Female Singers
Chicago – Teen/Adult Female Singers with strong acting skills. Jazz Dancers. Male Singers
Newsies – Full cast – Male & Female Soloists. Strong Dancers
Boy from Oz – Full cast – Ensemble and highlighting dancers (Tap, Jazz & Latin American)
How to Eat Like a Child – Youth soloists and ensemble
Other segments include Mama Mia and Annie Get Your Gun.
AUDITIONS will be held at the Ruth Carse Centre, 11205 107 Avenue, Edmonton.
– Friday 7 September 6 – 9 pm
– Sunday 9 September 1 – 5 pm
CAST MEETING will be held at the Ruth Carse Centre on Friday 14 September 7 – 8 pm.
REHEARSALS are held at the Ruth Carse Centre Fridays 6 – 9 pm & Sundays 1 – 5 pm commencing Sunday 16 September 1 till 5 pm. Not all cast members are required to attend all rehearsals.
- DANCERS – a solo (any genre) – 1 to 2 minutes – Dancers are required to provide their own music track or piano sheet music (for our Musical Director)
- SINGERS – a solo preferably from a musical – 2 to 3 minutes – Singers are required to provide piano sheet music for our Musical Director to accompany the singer.
- TRIPLE THREAT – As above but to include either a song and dance or monologue
- ACTORS – Monologue – 1 to 2 minutes to highlight acting and characterization
Note: All selected cast members will be required to sing, at least as chorus members, in some segments of the show.
There is no charge to audition. Chosen cast members are required to pay a $150.00 production fee. This fee helps toward the overall cost of mounting the show ($18,000) and includes the majority of the costumes as well as theatre and microphone rental, musical director and rehearsal space fees etc. As an Alberta Registered Society our shows are funded through generous sponsors, fund raising activities, Playbill advertising and with help from many volunteers.
Those wanting to audition are requested to send a resume and headshot (does not have to be a professional photograph) to the email below.
For further information, or to book an audition email firstname.lastname@example.org