Front of House Positions at the TIMMS Centre for the Arts
We are looking for reliable, service-oriented individuals to fill positions as Front of House Supervisors, Bartenders and Box Office Attendants. Ideal candidates will be interested in assuming the responsibilities associated with all front of house positions as needed.
Core attributes of our Front of House staff members are:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written – fluency in English – mandatory
• Punctuality and reliability
• PROSERVE certification is mandatory
• Cash handling skills, and experience processing debit and credit card transactions
• First aid certification is an asset
• BOX office system experience, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications – Excel and Word are assets
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to solve problems effectively, and remain professional while doing so
• Ability to take initiative and be adaptable
• Demonstrated interest in working with people
As a member of the Front of House team at the TIMMS Centre for the Arts, you will be expected to:
• Communicate and interact professionally with TIMMS’ rental clients and Studio Theatre patrons.
• Participate in venue set ups and tear downs as needed.
• Provide direction, assistance and information to 3rd party service providers (e.g. caterers, media and house technicians).
• Provide assistance to fellow TIMMS Centre staff behind the bar or in the box office as needed.
• Count and crosscheck cash floats, deposits and bar product inventory for opening and closing.
• Report problems and assess performance regarding operation issues identified during shifts.
TIMMS hours of operation: 7 days a week 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Studio Theatre performances: 7:30 pm evenings Monday – Saturday, matinee 12:30 pm Thursday
Studio Theatre shift call times:
FOH Supervisor – 1.5 hours before curtain
Box office – 1.5 hours before curtain
Bartender – 1.5 hours before curtain on service dates
Front of House Supervisors – are our team leaders on rental events and on every Studio Theatre performance. There are 5 Studio Theatre productions in a season, each with 11 performances. Studio shifts are Monday-Saturday evenings, with one matinee shift on Thursday afternoon. A Front of House Supervisor works an average of 4-5 hours per shift on Studio Theatre productions and 4-7 hours on rental events.
Bartender shifts average about 4 hours including set up and tear down. TIMMS corporate and conference rental events are scheduled throughout the year. There are daytime as well as evening shifts. All of our front of house staff must be PROSERVE certified.
Box Office Attendant shifts average 4-5 hours for performances and 3.5 – 4 hours for daytime shifts. There are 5 productions in a Studio Theatre season, each with 11 performances. Performances are Monday-Saturday evenings at 7:30 pm, with one matinee shift on the second Thursday afternoon at 12:30 pm. *Daytime box office hours – 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday – Friday the week a production opens through to Friday before the closing (in other words, for two weeks per production).
Our clientele: corporate, community not-for-profits and campus departments
Our Resident Company: University of Alberta, Studio Theatre
TIMMS casual staff members are governed by the terms and conditions of the Non Academic Staff Association (NASA) collective agreement. Current pay rates start at $18.07/hour.
Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications accepted until 4:00 pm MT, Sept 6, 2018.