POSITION: Company Manager for Touring Musical- The Great Big Boo!
SALARY: Competitive rate, plus per diem
LOCATION: 1 x position Vancouver, 1 x position Calgary
REPORTS TO: Tour Manager
START DATE: Late September 2018
Wondersee Entertainment is a division of Patrick Roberge Productions Inc. (PRP), a global creative agency that produces original entertainment content. We are a leader in creating a world that is entertained through shared experiences. We imagine beyond the possible, have fun in the process and we do it great. With a shared set of values and a commitment to excellence, every member of the Wondersee Entertainment team is dedicated to deliver entertainment that wow the public and inspire audiences.
The Company Manager will manage a touring Halloween musical, The Great Big Boo! There will be several tours happening simultaneously across Canada in October 2018. The Company Manager will work closely with the Tour Manager to ensure day-to-day show operations run smoothly and the cast and crew are well taken care of on the road. This is a role that calls for a dynamic and organized individual who will effectively work with a diverse team. The ideal candidate is organized, punctual, and an excellent problem solver. They have a strong attention to detail and always have fun in the process.
- Authentically represent Wondersee Entertainment’s vision, mission and values.
- Responsible for the general welfare of cast and crew while on tour.
- Ensure cast is present and on time for all shows, media dates, and travel.
- Act as driver for tour.
- Liaise with theatre managers, including hard drive delivery and loading.
- Merchandise set-up, overseeing, and reconciling.
- Complete daily show reports, to deliver to Tour Manager.
- Oversee all supplies for tour, including all costume and prop maintenance.
- Manage shipments of costumes and props, bring to storage unit, bring to rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances.
- Responsible for tracking and filing all tour expenses (gas and incidentals), maintaining detailed expense report.
- Provide a personal laptop and cell phone they can utilize for the role.
- Complete post-tour report.
- Other duties as required.
- Possess personal values alignment with Wondersee Entertainment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and the ability to drive a rental vehicle.
- Must be based in Vancouver or Calgary.
- Must have previous experience with a similar role.
- Must be available for all rehearsals.
- Must be available for travel for all tour and prep dates in October.
- Able to provide a minimum of three work references.
- Willingness to travel.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and résumé directly to email@example.com with “Lastname – Company Manager” in the subject line.
The application closing date is August 17, 2018, but the successful candidates may receive an offer before this closing date, so apply soon. Please specify which tour you are applying for.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.