Development & Donor Relations Assistant
About Vertigo Theatre
Vertigo Theatre has entertained audiences for over 42 years. We are located at the base of the Calgary Tower, which is home to our administration and ticket offices as well as our two performance venues. We program the BD&P Mystery Theatre Series and are also home to a variety of arts organizations that rent our performance venues throughout the season. Our diverse audience includes young adults to urban professionals and seniors.
The Ideal Candidate
Vertigo Theatre is seeing an enthusiastic and motivated individual with superior administrative, research, events and hosting skills to join our team! The Development and Donor Relations Assistant position is an integral member of the development team, directly supporting the Department Director and acting as an ambassador internally and externally. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with an interest in the arts or non-profit sector who is committed to ensuring exemplary donations administration and donor service, as well as the coordination of successful annual giving activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate fulfilment of donor recognition requirements
- Issue receipts, thank you letters, and carry out donor correspondence as required
- Accurate and timely input of donor data and records into Theatre Manager database
- Coordination of fund development special events
- Overseeing and managing annual giving activities such as raffles, 50/50 draws, Casinos, and other special events
- Managing donor recognition and stewardship hosting activities and the development and administration of in-kind sponsorships
- Assist in the execution of the annual direct response campaigns
- Development of donor collateral materials, managing solicitation and invitation lists, coordinating mail outs, liaising with the Marketing team regarding graphic design, production of materials, and print deadlines
Required Skills and Qualifications
- • A minimum of two years of experience in an administrative/development role combining both customer service and data entry skills; preference with be given to those with specific experience in an arts or not-for-profit organization
- Diploma from a Fund Development, Business Administration, or other relevant post-secondary program; a suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional and personable nature with a strong aptitude for providing high level customer service
- Previous experience in database management, especially with Theatre Manager, would be an asset
- Tactical event planning/management experience
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and collaborate as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Keen interest in arts and culture
At Vertigo Theatre we are committed to a respectful work environment and a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities and people with disabilities.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with some evenings and weekends required
$35,000 – $38,000 based on qualifications and experience
As soon as possible
Deadline to submit: Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Please send a cover letter, resume or CV as well as three references to Rose Brow, Executive Director at email@example.com. Interviews will commence immediately. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about Vertigo Theatre please visit our website, www.vertigotheatre.com