Assistant Patron Services Manager
Seasonal part-time position
About Vertigo Theatre
Vertigo Theatre has entertained audiences for over 42 years. We are located at the base of the Calgary Tower, which is home to our administration and ticket offices as well as our two performance venues. We program the BD&P Mystery Theatre Series and are also home to a variety of arts organizations that rent our performance venues throughout the season. Our diverse audience includes young adults to urban professionals and seniors.
The Ideal Candidate
Vertigo Theatre is looking for a confident leader who is a great communicator, has proven guest services experience and the ability to manage volunteers to fill the position of Patron Services Coordinator. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for customer service, hospitality, and the arts.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Patron Services and be responsible for the supervision, training, and guidance of all volunteers, ensure the smooth running of the Front of House during performances and events, maintaining operational procedures, and providing exceptional customer service to all patrons.
Duties and responsibilities under the supervision of the Patron Services Manager
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of the daily operations of the Front of House
- Ensure the comfort and safety of patrons at all times
- Recruit, approve, and assign volunteer ushers and ticket takers to roles/crews that are appropriate to their skill level
- Advise new ushers on the procedures for seating patrons and policy regarding latecomers
- Be the first point of contact in case a volunteer has a concern; flag and forward any concerns to the Patron Services Manager as needed
- Liaise with stage management to confirm handing over the house once all patrons have arrived
- Liaise with the Ticket Office to confirm house count, anticipated latecomers, and potential delays for the start of performance
- Ensure all financial and show reporting is maintained and accurate
- Responsible for proper recording and handling of Coat Check revenue and float
- Assist with the setup and dismantling of events that occur in the lobby or the Catalyst Lounge
- Inspect lobby areas, washrooms, and auditoriums, tidying if necessary
- Ensure that sponsor and directional signage is correct and in place
- Maintain a safe culture within the department and ensure departmental adherence to and awareness of Health & Safety standards
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with patrons on an ongoing basis
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of diverse experience in any or all of the following positions: Management, staff and volunteer coordination, special events, and audience services
- Have strong, proven leadership qualities and time management skills
- Conflict resolution
- Outstanding collaborator and team player
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing and positive attitude
- Proficiency with Mac computers and Microsoft Office (word, excel, etc.)
- ProServe, Better Impact and SignUp Genius an asset
- First Aid certification required
At Vertigo Theatre we are committed to a respectful work environment and a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities and people with disabilities.
Part-time; evenings and weekend availability required
September – June (hours as scheduled)
Deadline to submit: July 31, 2018, or until a suitable candidate is selected.
Please send a cover letter, resume or CV as well as three references to Rose Brow, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will commence immediately. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about Vertigo Theatre please visit our website, www.vertigotheatre.com