Patron Services Manager
About Vertigo Theatre
Vertigo Theatre has entertained audiences for over 42 years. We are located at the base of the Calgary Tower, which is home to our administration and ticket offices as well as our two performance venues. We program the BD&P Mystery Theatre Series and are also home to a variety of arts organizations that rent our performance venues throughout the season. Our diverse audience includes young adults to urban professionals and seniors.
The Ideal Candidate
Vertigo Theatre is looking for a charismatic and confident team leader who is a great communicator, has proven Food & Beverage sales experience and team building skills to fill the position of Director of Patron Services. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for customer service, volunteer excellence, and the arts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision, training, and guidance of all staff and volunteers, sales analysis and revenue generation, ensure the smooth running of the Front of House and Bar Services during performances and events, maintaining operational procedures, and providing exceptional customer service to all patrons.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall financial success and patron experience of the Bar Services department at Vertigo Theatre by monitoring productivity, revenues, and costs.
- Ensure the smooth daily and long-term operation of the Front of House, Bar Services, and in-lobby special events at Vertigo Theatre.
- Manage the scheduling of volunteers and data integrity using the company volunteer management system including recruitment, approval, and assignment of volunteers to roles/crews that are appropriate to their skill level.
- Lead the budgeting process of the Bar Services department by establishing clear and precise priorities for operational expenditures.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and supervision to all Front of House and Bar staff.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as caterers and sponsors to confirm attendance and patron event details.
- Ensure efficient and proactive communication between all departments relating to Front of House and Bar Services.
- Ensure compliance with AGLC regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment, fixtures, and furniture of the department are kept in good supply and in best repair possible
- Serve as the front of line management or designate appropriate staff to attend to patrons during events and performances to ensure all needs are met
- Responsible for staff scheduling, handling performance issues, providing critical feedback and conducting employee performance reviews.
- Prepare pre-show and post-show volunteer orientation/appreciation events
- Oversee the set-up and dismantling of events that occur in the lobby and the Catalyst Lounge.
- Develop and maintain a safe culture within the department and ensure departmental adherence to and awareness of Health & Safety standards.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with patrons on an ongoing basis.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of diverse experience in any or all of the following positions: Management, staff and volunteer coordination, special events, audience services, and Food and Beverage services
- Financial/Budget Management an asset
- Must be highly organized with the ability to handle numerous tasks at one time
- Have strong, proven leadership qualities and time management skills
- Outstanding collaborator and team player
- Experience using volunteer management databases and scheduling systems
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing and positive attitude
- Proficiency with Mac computers and Microsoft Office (word, excel, etc.)
- ProServe and First Aid certification required
- Valid driver’s license – good driving record
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
At Vertigo Theatre we are committed to a respectful work environment and a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities and people with disabilities. Applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
~44 hours per week; days, evenings, and weekends required
$40,000 – $42,000 based on experience
Extended health & dental plan, employee assistance program, LTD & Life
Vacation: 3 weeks after 1 year of employment
Deadline to submit: July 31, 2018, or until a suitable candidate is selected.
Please send a cover letter, resume or CV as well as three references to Rose Brow, Executive Director at email@example.com. Interviews will commence immediately. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about Vertigo Theatre please visit our website, www.vertigotheatre.com