The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Social Media and Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Sr. Manager of Communications, the full-time, salaried position of Social Media and Communications Coordinator is an integral part of the Marketing team. The successful candidate will work to ensure the Citadel’s continued success by engaging and growing our social media presence, connecting us with the Edmonton patron community as well as the larger arts community. This role requires an outgoing, positive individual who is able to thrive in a lively, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Run all Citadel Social Media accounts (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube etc)
- Build and maintain a social media content calendar
- Create and gather collateral for social media content
- Work to grow the special media follower and engagement base
- Serve as Community Manager for our social media community
- Report on growth, reach, and trends in the Citadel’s digital media
- Management of various e-communications to our patron base.
- Provide additional assistance to the Marketing Department when required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in social media content creation and brand development
- Able to understand and use social media analytics / insight
- Multitasking and analytical skills (Google Analytics knowledge is an asset.)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (preferred)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or with a group, problem solve, and prioritize responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- General Theatre knowledge is considered an asset
Please note that this is an entry level position.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume by July 20, 2018 to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.