The Citadel Theatre is one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Annual Giving Coordinator
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for an Annual Giving Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Fund Development, the full-time, salaried position as Annual Giving Coordinator is an integral part of the Fund Development team. The successful candidate will work to ensure the Citadel’s continued success by achieving budgeted fundraising goals, identifying and cultivating new relationships, stewarding existing donors, and executing a variety of fundraising events. This role requires an outgoing, positive individual who is able thrive in a lively, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Meet or exceed budgeted goals for Annual Giving
- Foster and maintain relationships with donors and patrons through various points of stewardship and ensure that all parts of the donor benefits program are executed in a timely manner and with a high level of excellence and professionalism
- Identify and cultivate relationships with prospects and develop strategies to attract a new generation of philanthropists to the Citadel
- Management of various administrative duties, including database management and financial reporting
- Fundraising event planning, management, and execution
- Represent the Citadel at networking and community events
- Provide assistance to the Manager of Corporate Relations when required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong networking and social skills
- Outstanding customer service and stewardship capabilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (preferred)
- Knowledge of the guidelines for charities from the Canada Revenue Agency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Please note that this is an entry-level position.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume by July 20, 2018 to: Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.