Job Title: Box Office Clerk & Receptionist
Department: Community Relations
Status: Full Time (40 hours)
Reports To: Box Office Manager
Posting Date: June 26, 2018
Edmonton Opera is looking for someone with a passion for customer service and a strong appreciation of the arts. The Box Office Clerk & Receptionist will work in collaboration with all departments and be the face of the company at the reception desk of the Opera Centre. This individual will provide exceptional customer service to our patrons, assisting in processing ticket purchases and donations. This is a full-time salaried position from Monday to Friday (9am–5pm) with occasional weekend and evening shifts required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Being the first point of contact for the Opera Centre’s front desk for in-person visitors, deliveries, patrons and phone calls
- Maintains business hours
- Providing excellent customer service to all Edmonton Opera patrons and rental groups
- Ongoing learning and utilization of Tessitura software for ticketing as well as assisting other
departments as required
- Assisting in all box office activities such as sales, exchanges, general inquiries, and day to day
operations, calls and escalations
- Booking group ticket sales and education group sales
- Participating in all Edmonton Opera productions and events as required by the Box Office
Manager (assists with set-up, ticket sales and customer service, and tear-down)
- Maintaining Daily Reconciliation Reports and Sales Reconciliation Forms
- Assists with reporting attendance numbers and box office statistics as required
- Assists in the set-up and execution of the temporary box office at the Jubilee Auditorium
- Helps implement promotions for ticket sales
Essential Job Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills (both written and oral), and an ability to effectively communicate with patrons in a professional manner are important
- This position requires a strong ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible in assignments
- This position requires either demonstrated skill or a willingness to learn Tessitura
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- This position will require working with various departments such as special events/donor events, so an ability to work well in team environment as well as independently is a must
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
Special Job Characteristics
Applicant must be able to work some evenings and weekends, acting as an EO representative at performances. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Comprehensive benefits package (health and dental) upon completion of three-month probationary period. Two weeks vacation, with ability to bank overtime hours. RRSP partial matching program after one year.
The Edmonton Opera Box Office located at 15230 128 Ave NW and other event venues as required such as the Jubilee Auditorium.
Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances.
Applicants may send their cover letter and resume to:
Box Office Manager
15230 128 Ave NW Edmonton AB T5V 1A8
E-mail to: [email protected]
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.