Alberta Theatre Projects is a Calgary-based, not-for-profit, professional theatre company dedicated to producing cutting-edge contemporary theatrical experiences. From its home in The Martha Cohen Theatre at Arts Commons, the company produces world-class theatre with a mix of new works, Canadian plays, and the best contemporary theatre from around the world. ATP is a national leader in new play development and dramaturgy with over 115 world premieres and 250 subsequent international productions.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will play an integral role in renewing the ATP brand and artistic vision as we approach our 50th Anniversary.
This full time, senior leadership position reports directly to our newly appointed Artistic Producer, Darcy Evans.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Lead the Marketing and Communications Team including Box Office and Audience Services.
• Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and tactical plans to achieve organizational sales targets.
• Develop and manage marketing, communications and sales budgets.
• Develop tactical plans to support the organization’s strategic goals.
• Develop and lead creation of all collateral and advertising, including social media.
• Determine product, package and ticket pricing.
• Conduct research and develop strategy for brand imagery, develop visual asset strategy for season productions and manage promotional shoots.
• Engage contractors (photographers, videographers, editors etc.)
• Distribute media releases and manage interview requests.
• Foster relationships with media, vendors and promotional partners.
• Lead and manage the Alberta Theatre Projects brand to ensure continued resonance with current and target audiences and stakeholders.
• As part of the Leadership Team, collaborate and contribute in strategic planning for the organization.
• Represent the organization with a variety of stakeholder groups such as partner and industry organizations, arts community and business associations.
The successful candidate for this position will possess:
• Post-secondary degree.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in creating and executing marketing and communications strategy with proven results.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading and managing marketing and/or sales teams
• Well-developed leadership skills and enthusiasm for directing and motivating a team
• Creativity, exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team environment.
• A passion for theatre or performing arts. An understanding of the non-profit performing arts sector in Canada is an asset.
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, indigenous people, and people with disabilities.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to Kate Donovan, Receptionist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin July 6 at 5:00 p.m. MST. To receive full consideration, please apply by this date. Applications will remain open until the position has been filled.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.