Theatre BSMT is seeking submissions for our 6th annual BSMT Dwellers Playwriting Competition, this year in partnership with Alberta Playwrights’ Network!
We want to read the horrors you are writing about! The horror theatre genre is an exciting creative playground, so if you have a script you feel fits with the Theatre BSMT mandate, send it our way!
The winning submission will receive workshop support, a cash prize of $500 and be considered for future Theatre BSMT programming. If an honorable mention is selected from submissions, the play will receive one page of written feedback from APN and will also be considered for Theatre BSMT’s horror development program.
– Applicants must be an Alberta resident
– The play should not have been previously produced in its current format
– Scripts written by more than one author are acceptable.
HOW TO APPLY
Scripts can be submitted by email (with “BSMT Dwellers” as the subject line) by MIDNIGHT on the day of the application deadline by email to [email protected]
- A cover letter describing the playwright(s) background, a brief synopsis of the play and how it aligns with Theatre BSMT’s mandate
- Resume(s) of the playwright(s)
- One copy of the script (PDF Format)
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
DEADLINE: October 31, 2018