StoryBook is looking to hire a Technical Assistant for our Summer Theatre School Programming. The Technical Assistant would be responsible for programing and running lights, projections, and sound for our Theatre School performances throughout the summer. Other duties include importing rehearsal tracks, setting up Qlab for rehearsal purposes, and maintaining equipment.
StoryBook Theatre is a team-oriented environment. Personnel may be asked to take on additional responsibilities that may be outside the core responsibilities of this position.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current post-secondary student
- Training in Technical Theatre
- Interest in Lighting and Sound Design
- Working knowledge of:
o ETC ion
- Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Experience working on Mac computers an asset
- Must submit to a criminal background check
- Must be returning to a post-secondary institution Fall of 2018
10:00am to 4:00pm: July 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 25, 26, 27, August 1, 2, 3
9:00am to 4:00pm: July 18, August 8, 15
9:00am to 4:30pm: July 20, August 10, 17
9:00am to 8:00pm: July 19, August 9, 16
11:00am to 11:00pm August 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 (TECH WEEK)
September 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 (THEATRE MAINTENANCE -Time tentative to change)
Deadline to Submit: June 25
Apply online at: www.storybooktheatre.org/jobapplication
StoryBook Theatre thanks you for your interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted.