Job Posting | Theatre School Administrator
StoryBook Theatre is currently accepting applications for the position of Theatre School Administrator. Responsible for facilitating our Theatre School training programs for students aged 6 to 20, the successful applicant must be self-motivated, driven, and able to work in a team setting. The Theatre School Administrator is the face of our training programs and is the point of contact for all students and parents. They must be able to nurture positive relationships with our patrons and maintain an educational space that is safe for students of all ages to grow and learn in theatre arts. Extensive experience working with children is a must.
StoryBook Theatre is a team-oriented environment. Personnel may be asked to take on additional responsibilities that may be outside the core responsibilities of this position. Core responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule Theatre School sessions (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer)
- Schedule room/space rentals for all locations including classes and performances
- Prepare for performances including equipment rentals, preparing and proofing programs and scheduling headshots , booking photographers (when applicable)
- Communicate with staff members ensuring the proper running of all classes
- Communicate with parents including course details, schedule, and dealing with any behavioral issues
- Facilitate the interviews and hiring of instructional staff including creating contracts
- Prepare for registration days for all programs related to Theatre School
- Maintain and update the StoryBook Theatre curriculum including the creation of new courses
- Review and edit lesson plans submitted by the teachers
- Provide support for teachers including classroom management, and ensuring accommodations are made for students of all abilities to participate
- Assess classes and provide feedback to ensure all courses are meeting the StoryBook Theatre curriculum requirements
- Maintain relationship with Homeschool Boards and facilitate the running of homeschool programming
- Facilitate workshops, classes, and presentations with our community as they arise, and Liaise with professional industry members to provide master classes for students
- Write reference letters for student’s and/or staff as they are required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in the Arts, Education, or Administration, or equivalent professional experience
- Exceptional level of organization and planning
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Use of Microsoft Word, Adobe, Excel, DropBox, Trello, and Facebook an asset
- Experience working on Mac computers an asset
- Must submit to a criminal background check
HOURS OF OPERATIONS
This position fluctuates between part-time (approximately 30 hours/week) during regular Theatre School Sessions, and full-time hours during Winter, Spring, and Summer Break Camps. The Theatre School Administrator’s work-days will consist of both weekends and weekdays, as well as some evenings during performances.
Deadline to Submit: June 15
Apply online at: www.storybooktheatre.org/jobapplication
StoryBook Theatre thanks you for your interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted.