This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.
Position: Box Office Representative
Wage: Starting at $15/hr
The Badlands Amp is a massive outdoor theatre venue in Drumheller, Alberta, and home to Canada’s award-winning Badlands Passion Play. We are currently looking for a temporary full-time Box Office Customer Service Representative for our 2018 summer season.
As one of the primary points of contact for our patrons, this position plays an essential role in establishing and developing the relationship between the Badlands Amp and its patrons. A Box Office Representative facilitates tickets sales using Theatre Manager ticketing software, requesting donations, and other related duties while ensuring our patrons enjoy a memorable experience. This seasonal, full-time role reports to the Office Manager, and will oversee daily operations on days when the Office Manager is away. The availability to work weekends on performance dates is essential.
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in July (Badlands Passion Play)
Saturday, August 4 & 5 (Opera in the Badlands presents ‘Carmen’)
Saturday, August 25 (Canadian Icons, Corb Lund & Ian Tyson in concert)
Start Date: Negotiable
End Date: Saturday, August 31, 2018
Deadline to Apply: June 15, 2018
- Assisting with individual ticket sales and group packages over the telephone, online, and in-person, as well as processing donations.
- Assisting with troubleshooting and handling special requests from patrons.
- Assessing needs of the office and completing tasks as needed.
- Greeting patrons and providing pertinent information.
- Relaying information to other Box Office staff and regulating daily operations when the Office Manager is out of the office.
- Helping to maintain a clean, safe, and welcoming environment.
An ideal candidate is one who likes to help others, is cheerful, patient, independently driven while working well with a team, and has a flare for making people feel welcome.
Required Skills Include:
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- An attention to details.
- The ability to be flexible.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Internet, E-mail), with previous experience with Theatre Manager being a strong asset.
- Able to enjoy a fast-paced, noisy, team environment.
- Keen interest in the performing arts and tourism sectors.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Office Manager, Kimberley Church
(403) 823-2001 ext.1
The Badlands Amphitheatre
605, 17th Street SW
PO Box 457
*If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
The Badlands Amphitheatre is an award-winning theatre society that presents the life of Christ in an epic story of faith, hope & love. We also produce a range of concerts at in our unique outdoor venue, ranging from Chamber Music, The Blues, Country Legends and Canadian Rock Icons. Our site is located in the Albertan Badlands near Drumheller, Alberta. To find out more about us please visit www.badlandsamp.com.