Do you have a passion for the arts? A love of marketing and advertising? An ability to manage several projects and deadlines without breaking a sweat? A gift of knowing just what will get people to buy a ticket to the theatre?
Then you’re in luck, as Theatre Calgary is looking for a new Marketing Manager to run our various marketing initiatives, and we’d love to have you join our team!
We’re not looking for just anyone…we need someone who is tcBOLD – still interested? Follow along to see where a career with Theatre Calgary could start!
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with Director of Marketing and other team members, develop season marketing strategies, plan, campaigns, and calendar.
- Plan and implement advertising campaigns across multiple channels, including print, radio, television, outdoor, direct mail, and digital.
- Meet with media account representatives to discuss and secure campaigns and media sponsorships, and follow through with creating contracts, budgets, and fulfillment where applicable.
- Plan and deploy promotional campaigns to heighten awareness and/or sales for specific shows or around specific events, in coordination with Audience Services and Systems and Data departments.
- Project manage all company signage in the theatre from design to printing and installation.
- Plan, execute and manage all facets of Email Marketing (ideas and content, messaging, scheduling and posting, keeping track of results, providing analysis for improvement) in coordination with other departments across the company.
- Leverage the email marketing automation system to setup and distribute emails for demand generation and customer communication.
- Understand how the marketing automation system is integrated with the CRM system.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance with marketing goals.
- Assist in managing a summer contract position for Shakespeare by the Bow.
- Understanding the customer journey and ways that email can be used to support, improve and ultimately accelerate movement through the funnel.
- Manage relationship and collaborate with our digital advertising consulting firm Capacity Interactive, our design firm Camp Pacific, and our marketing consultants TRG Arts.
- Understanding of the levers to pull to increase conversion rates across ads, landing pages, channels and tactics. Ability to set-up and run A/B tests, analyze results and make recommendations.
- Manage campaign lists including pulling and cleansing lists from Tessitura to ensure data quality.
- Routinely analyze and report on advertising and promotions metrics and recommend methods to drive sales.
- Work with the Database and Systems Manager to ensure that all lead sources are set up for new marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and administer company Google Analytics account and dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and develop • strategies to improve results and box office sales.
- Conduct audience surveys, collect and analyze data to use in the development of future marketing initiatives and audience satisfaction.
- Bachelors’ or College Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Equivalent experience.
- 3-4+ years’ experience working in arts marketing.
- Microsoft Office proficient – Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Possess strong technology skills and the love of learning new things.
- Must be very organized, detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- Budget-management skills.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in marketing and advertising.
- You thrive working on several projects and are able to prioritize your time and resources.
- Working knowledge of email marketing software (Mail2, Wordfly, etc.).
- Experience with website analysis using Google Analytics.
- High level of independence and efficiency.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer:
- An amazing environment that is dedicated to excellence, creativity, collaboration, inclusiveness and sustainability.
- Transparent communication with opportunities for career growth and support.
- Tickets and discounts to shows.
- Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- Deadline to apply is May 22, 2018.
- While we thank all candidates who apply only those we select for an interview will receive a response back!
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness.