StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking ONE teacher for our Summer Theatre School Programming in our Calgary North location. We are looking for a drama teacher to instruct children ages 6-16 in our one-week summer camp classes. Instructors will be responsible for teaching areas of drama and theatre such as improvisation, audition techniques, storytelling, voice, choreography and other areas of skill. Instructors will direct the actors in a final presentation at the end of each week after leading them through the creation process. Instructors will work closely with the teaching assistants and report directly to the Theatre School Administrator. *StoryBook Theatre is a partner with Canada Summer Jobs, therefore all candidates must be full-time students, returning to full-time studies in Fall 2018. Commitment to all six single contracts is necessary.
Session 1 – July 2-6
Session 2 – July 9-13
Session 3 – July 16-20
Session 4 – July 23-27
Session 5 – July 30-August 3
Session 6 – August 6-10
Apply electronically at http://www.storybooktheatre.org/jobapplication
Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of two years of University level education in either Drama and/or Education
• Must be returning to full-time studies
• Strong instructional and classroom management skills
• High level of personal organization and planning
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must work well in a team setting
• Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset
• Basic First Aid is an asset
• Must submit to a criminal background check
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: Monday, May 14.