The City of St. Albert’s Cultural Services Department promotes the development of arts and cultural services throughout the community.
The Cultural Services team connect to the community through the programming and operation of the Arden Theatre, the International Children’s Festival and St. Albert Children’s Theatre. The Department offers performing arts classes, maintains studio facilities, coordinates the Art in Public Places program and manages a number of projects.
As the Culture Projects Assistant, you will provide support and assistance to a variety of programs and events supported through the Cultural Services Department including: the International Children’s Festival, Amplify Youth Festival, Mayors Celebration of the Arts, and St. Albert Children’s Theatre. In support of Cultural Services initiatives you will prepare and compile reports and correspondence, assemble donor/sponsor material, manage databases, prepare project timelines, and assist with organizational tasks and a multitude of administrative support functions.
Other responsibilities of this position include assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual department reports, including budget preparation, as well as general administrative support for the department (e.g. letters, mailings, recording meeting notes, records management). You will also assist with website updates, the distribution of newsletters and social media.
You will take the lead on addressing incoming phone calls and visitors to the Cultural Services department and the Community and Protective Services Division in a prompt and courteous manner. You will research and answer general inquiries or refer to appropriate contacts, and provide backup for program registrations.
HOURS OF WORK
72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks)
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary during events.
- High School Diploma with some post-secondary training. Completion of a technical, community college, business and computer training would be an asset.
- Several years of office administration experience, specifically with a background in events support and project management.
- Candidates must have strong word processing and database management skills. Intermediate user of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Power Point)
- Strong organization and time management skills are necessary.
- The role requires an individual with well developed customer service abilities, as you will represent the department while addressing telephone and in-person customer inquiries.
- Exposure to a municipal environment as well as knowledge of City services and Community Services Programs are definite assets.
- Knowledge of booking software such as CLASS is desirable.
$50,463 – $61,396 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
May 10, 2018