Production: The Virgin Trial by Kate Hennig
Production Dates: August 17 – September 29, 2018
Audition Dates: April 23 – 24, 2018
Audition Location: Calgary, Alberta
Casting Personnel in Attendance:
• Glynis Leyshon – Director
• Dianne Goodman Producer, Alberta Theatre Projects
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit an e-mail containing the following items to [email protected] with the subject The Virgin Trial Auditions + the role in the email subject header:
• a current head shot your résumé, outlining your previous theatre experience
• your status with Canadian Actors Equity Association
• your preferred date/time to audition (either April 23 or 24, 2018)
Deadline to Apply: April 19th, 2018
Only those selected for an audition will be contacted to schedule an audition time. No calls, please. Canadian Actors Equity Association members will be seen first at all open audition calls. CAEA Members: please bring your membership number to the audition. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
ATP is committed to reflecting our community in all of its diversity. We encourage actors from all cultures, races, ethnicities, and gender identities, mental and physical abilities to apply for an audition.
Actors must be available to audition in Calgary.
ROLES / RANGES:
While the characters in The Last Wife are based on historical figures, this play is written from a contemporary perspective. The Director is casting with cultural diversity in mind, and ATP strongly encourages actors from all cultural backgrounds to submit for any character role listed below.
• a lady of the court – 50ish
• contained, obsessive, incisive, independent, vengeful – earth
• A lord of the court, secretary to Bess – 35ish
• buoyant, cheerful, sensitive, abrupt, nervous – air