The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a full-time Rentals Manager.
The Rentals Manager will develop, oversee and coordinate Rentals for a wide variety of clients and functions that take place at the Citadel Theatre. These include: weddings, wedding photos, concerts, dance recitals, sponsor events, corporate host nights, opening night celebrations, media launches, luncheons, meetings and much, much more. Ours is a busy place and we need a well-organized person with meticulous attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include among other things:
- Ensuring rentals make a positive net contribution to the annual budget taking into account the primary purpose of the facility is to serve the Citadel’s artistic mission
- Overseeing the rentals team and the building porter to ensure a high standards
- Handling inquiries regarding spaces available for events
- Booking and coordinating facilities, equipment, staff and volunteer support; and food and beverage services
- Meeting with clients and providing proposals and pricing options, contracts and invoicing for events.
- Providing logistical support to clients and functions that take place at the Citadel Theatre including weddings, wedding photos, sponsor events, corporate host nights, opening night celebrations, media launches, luncheons, meetings, etc.
- Ensuring adequate supervision at all events
- Reconciliation of all rental events with Accounting
- Cultivating new events and opportunities for rental income through networking and sales tactics.
- Assisting in cultivation of patrons through helping plan and implement Patron Experience Events throughout the Citadel Complex.
- Liaising, planning, and providing support on all internal events & programs; with a focus on logistics, communication, and execution.
- Coordination and communication of use of all spaces in the building
- Evaluating all aspects of our service
- Regularly walking through the building and reporting any issues to the appropriate departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Schedule is flexible but requires evenings and weekends
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Detail oriented and good with numbers
- Customer service experience in sales
- Intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to forge relationships within all levels of an organization
- Highly organized with a keen ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads
- Ability to think on your feet and quickly determine the best course of action
Please email your cover letter and resume by April 8 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.