Want to be part of the largest Fringe theatre company in North America? Come volunteer with Edmonton Fringe Theatre Festival!
With over 1,600 performances from 1,500 artists across 50 venues it takes a village to run Fringe Theatre. Our Fringe family is comprised of nearly 1,200 dedicated volunteers who help us accommodate more than 850,000 visits a year. Volunteers help artists and patrons by helping in key areas, such as box office management and front of house support. Although we work with volunteers year round, our greatest need is in August during the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival.
We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds, abilities, and strengths. Our volunteer program centers on team work, respect, and creativity. Below are our minimum requirements (some teams may have additional duties listed in their team descriptions):
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Attend a two hour orientation session, a training session or complete an online orientation (depending on team.)
- Consent to a police information check and vulnerable sector check (mandatory for our Kidsfringe, First Aid or Agents team.)
- Serve a minimum of 4 shifts during the 11 day Festival (shifts are approximately 4 hours in length and are available morning, afternoon, and evenings)
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR VOLUNTEER TEAMS BELOW, AND SEE WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST FIT FOR YOU!
- 50/50 Raffle
- Beer Tents
- Box Office
- First Aid
- Front of House
- Kitchen Team
- Parking and Transportation
- Volunteer Headquarters
BONUS: Volunteers are privy to exciting benefits, such as swag and invitations to special events!
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (780) 409-1922