Position Title Theatre Technician – Theatre & Arts Department
- Technical Theatre Diploma from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of qualifications acceptable by the employer.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the area of Technical Theatre.
- All theatre technical skill sets will be considered but a strength and comfort with concert and theatrical audio is definitely an asset. Additional experience with scenic carpentry will be considered as well.
- A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community theatre, facility rentals and safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
- A good sense of humor and the ability to work with a variety of clients in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- •tandard First Aid and a valid class 5 driver’s license are required.
- Fall arrest and aerial lift training, PAL certification, pyrotechnics certification, or computer/networking background are assets.
For over 38 years the Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre is the key facility in Fort McMurray to host live community productions, touring artists and corporate events – all of which are provided with high end technical support and top notch service. Each year, the Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre hosts hundreds of entertaining, educational and thought provoking performances. We present a wide variety of artists, with a vast range of genres including: dance, country, rock, comedy and family.
Our Keyano Theatre Company (KTC) productions involve our local community, providing them with the opportunity to learn and nurture their skills, talents and creativity.
Keyano Theatre in Fort McMurray, Alberta is looking for technical talent for a permanent full time Theatre Technician position. This position may work in the areas of lighting, audio, carpentry, props, wardrobe, painting, rigging, equipment maintenance, video, event production and design. Technicians in our organization are required to do work in all aspects, but are generally given a portfolio to become their specialty. Significant independence is granted to our technicians in terms of project completion whether it is a construction, concert, event audio or lighting, prop acquisition or building.
A very exciting opportunity for experience and growth at Keyano comes from our range of events. We are BOTH a road house with a concert series and rental events, as well as a producing venue with four to six plays produced locally by our crew. Walking this fine line between event types means the experience gained at Keyano can take you anywhere!
The Theatre Technician, under the direction of the Production Manager and Technical Director will work in all aspects of theatre production and technical services. Keyano Theatre Technicians work with theatre technologies from companies such as ETC, Yamaha, Meyer and Figure 53 to name a few. The successful candidate will be required to work as a team member in the operation, set-up and strike of Theatre & Arts Centre performance venues including but not limited to a 594 seat proscenium, 194 seat proscenium, black box studio space and other locations throughout the College. This is the more senior of two positions posted for technicians as Keyano. Our previous incumbent moved into the role of Technical director showing that Keyano College is a great place to advance your career!
The hours of work are based on a 35 hour work week with overtime and shift work required.
Advertised Salary $57,925.97 per annum, plus an attractive benefits package. This position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review).
Application deadlilne is April 9, 2018.
Apply at www.keyano.ca/careers