Position Title Theatre Support Technician – 10 month Sessional
- Technical Theatre Diploma from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of qualifications acceptable by the employer
- No additional experience required – great opportunity for recent graduates!
- All theatre technical skill sets will be considered but a strength and comfort with lighting and/or audio is definitely an asset. Additional experience with scenic carpentry and props will be a definite asset.
- A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community theatre, facility rentals and safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre would be consider as additional skills.
- A good sense of humor and the ability to work with a variety of clients in a diverse, fast-paced environment is essential for this position.
- A Class 5 Driver’s license and Standard First Aid are required.
- Shift work and Flexibility are necessary to be successful in this position.
- Additional training/certification would be considered as definite assets (Pyrotechnic/firearm Certification, etc.).
Department Theatre & Arts
Keyano Theatre in Fort McMurray, Alberta is looking for technical talent for a full time, 10 month sessional position – Mid July to Mid May on a recurring basis. Keyano Theatre is a well equipped professional performance venue utilizing the technologies from ETC, Yamaha, Meyer, and Figure 53 to name a few. This position may work in the areas of lighting, audio, carpentry, props, wardrobe, painting, rigging, equipment maintenance, video, event production and design. Technicians in our organization are required to do work in all aspects, but are generally given a portfolio to become their specialty. Significant independence is granted to our technicians in terms of project completion whether it is a construction, concert or event audio or lighting, or prop acquisition or building.
A very exciting opportunity for experience and growth at Keyano comes from our range of events. We are BOTH a road house with a concert series and rental events, as well as a producing house with four to six plays produced locally by our crew. Walking this fine line between event types means the experience gained at Keyano can take you anywhere! The Theatre Support Technician is great for recent graduates looking to gain a few years of experience before taking the next step in their career.
The Theatre Support Technician, under the direction of the Production Manager and Technical Director, will work in all aspects of technical services. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to set-up and operation of Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre as well as other locations throughout the College. The candidate will be required to work as a team member in the operation, set-up and strike of Art Centre/Theatre performance venues including but not limited to costumes, properties, carpentry, audio, rigging and lighting.
The hours of work are based on a 35 hour work week with overtime and shift work required. This position is a 10 month permanent, sessional position (Mid July- Mid May).
Advertised Salary $4301.38 per month and includes a comprehensive health and benefits package. This position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review).
Application deadline is April 9, 2018
apply at www.keyano.ca/careers