Bring your performance skills and your enthusiasm for delivering memorable visitor experiences to the unique setting of the 1920s Midway at Fort Edmonton Park. In this challenging and exciting role, you will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team, bringing a 1920s carnival to life with costumed role-playing, historical interpretation, stage performances, and roving entertainment.
Dressed in period costume, you will:
- Operate games of chance and skill and rides for small children while playing the role of a 1920s Midway carnie
- Animate the grounds using your abilities as a performer
- Engage visitors in activities such as phrenology, palm-reading and fortune-telling
- Provide stage shows alone or as part of an ensemble
- Convey historical information about the Midway
- Interact with the public demonstrating excellent customer service skills
- Provide mentorship to young volunteers
- Enrolment in, or completion of, a post secondary program in Performing Arts.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience in character development, and public performance
- Highly developed and demonstrable verbal and written communication, interpersonal, public performance, and customer service skills
- Strong ensemble skills are necessary
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Ability to play a musical instrument is an asset
- Second language is an asset
- Possession of current Standard First Aid and CPR/ AED certifications prior to commencement of employment is required
A security clearance is a condition of employment. The successful candidate must obtain a Police Check including a vulnerable sector check from the Edmonton Police Service prior to employment.
This position is non-equity.
Hours of Work/Wage
This is a seasonal position from May until September
Weekend, occasional evening, and holiday work is required
To Apply: Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]