Broadway Bound Performing Arts is based in Edmonton, AB and is a Registered Alberta Society providing performing opportunities for youth, teens and adult singers, dancers and actors. The 2018-2019 season includes a full length musical revue titled “Lights Up” highlighting favourite Broadway musicals. Artistic Director, Doreen Cleverley Musical Director Randy Mueller.
Open Auditions will take place on Friday 6 April 2018 at the Ruth Carse Centre, 11205 107 Avenue Edmonton 6 – 9 pm. Rehearsals are held on Friday evenings 6 – 9 pm and Sunday afternoons 1 – 5 pm commencing Sunday 8 April at 1 pm. Not all cast members are required to attend all rehearsals. A schedule is posted giving as much notice as possible. No costs are involved to audition. Selected cast members will be required to pay a non refundable production fee $150 by 22 April that helps defray some production costs.
“Lights Up – A Broadway Musical Review” will be held at L’Uni Theatre
– Dress/Tech (cue to cue) – Thursday 5 July 12.30 – 5.30 pm
– Evening performance Friday 6 July 7.30 pm
– Matinee performance Saturday 7 July 2.00 pm
– Evening performance Saturday 7 July 7.30 pm
– Male and female singers and/or dancers (with acting ability and the love of performing)
– Youth 8 to 12 years of age
– Teens 13 to 17 years of age
– Adults 18 years +++++
Soloists and Ensemble cast members will be required for various roles in musicals such as:
Les Miserables – Mary Poppins – Come From Away – The Pajama Game – Whistle Down the Wind – A Chorus Line – Annie Get Your Gun – Anne of Green Gables – Barnum. Other or additional musicals may be selected dependent upon casting.
We will also be looking to cast male and female dancers with musical theatre, tap and/or jazz backgrounds.
– Singers – a solo piece (preferably from a musical) – please bring sheet music for piano accompanist
– Dancers – a solo piece (genre of your choice) – please bring suitable recorded music
Please wear appropriate clothing for ease of movement and suitable shoes (no outdoor shoes allowed in the studios).
Pre-register on or before 3 April 2018 by email to [email protected] and provide a brief bio and headshot (need not be a professional photo). An application form will be emailed to you followed by audition confirmation. Applications may be accepted following the deadline if time permits.