Marketing and Social Media Manager/ Box Office Manager
Company: Grindstone Theatre Society
ABOUT GRINDSTONE THEATRE
Grindstone Theatre is a non-profit theatre company that is opening a new comedy theatre and kitchen/bar just off Whyte Avenue. This venue will be home to 14 shows per week featuring local independent artists across multiple performance disciplines including improv, sketch comedy, stand-up comedy, burlesque, clown, magic, talk shows, live podcasts and more!
We are seeking an individual who is passionate and multi-talented. If you like being creative, collaborating with performing artists, and working on web and print related projects, you’re just the right fit!
A few required qualifications:
- University degree in Marketing, Arts and Cultural Management, Design or other related discipline is required.
- Proficient computer skills including: MS Office, Adobe products, WordPress experience, e-mail marketing and database administration.
- Familiarity with media in the Edmonton area.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong technical writing and editing skills.
- High level of professionalism, motivation, integrity, creativity and accountability.
- Proven ability to measure strategic and business impact of marketing efforts.
- Ability to work creatively within a limited budget.
- Graphic design experience is desirable but not essential.
- A background in the performing arts or a keen interest.
- Manage all aspects of design, communication and execution of marketing collateral and resources
- Daily social media updates and posts
- Website management and updating copy
- Coordinating ad buys
- Sending monthly e-newsletters
- Increase email subscriptions
- Increase website visits through search engine optimization
- Taking video and photographs for media content creation
BOX OFFICE ROLE
- Manage the box office staff/volunteer schedule
- Handle payouts and accounting of all shows in the venue
- Reconcile online sales with in house box office sales
- Create online ticketing sales for each event
- Keep signage up to date
- Train Front of House and Box Office Volunteers
Interested but don’t have all of the qualifications? We’re more focused on finding the right fit than checking-off boxes.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]