210A – 12A Street North, Suite 111
Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 2J1
New West Theatre requests submissions for their production of:
Million Dollar Quartet
Book by Floyd Mutrux and Colin Escott
Arrange by Chuck Mead
Directed by Sharon Peat
Million Dollar Quartet is the Tony Award winning Broadway musical inspired by the true story of the famed recording session where Sam Phillips, the “Father of Rock’n’Roll” brought together icons Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley for one unforgettable jam session.
Auditions will be held in the following cities:
Lethbridge – February 27, 2018
Calgary – March 7, 2018
All those auditioning should be prepared to perform a song made famous by the character they are auditioning for while playing their instrument. A piano will be provided. Guitar players and stand-up bass players should bring their own instruments.
Casting for the following roles:
- Elvis Presley: actor/singer/guitar player; 20 – 30 years old; the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll at the beginning of his career; should sound and look somewhat like Elvis without being an impersonator.
- Jerry Lee Lewis: actor/singer/pianist; 20 – 30 years old; must be a superb piano player, able to play like Jerry Lee; should sound and look somewhat like Jerry Lee without being an impersonator; fun, energetic, comic skills.
- Carl Perkins: actor/singer/excellent lead guitar player; 20 – 35 years old; best known for his song “Blue Suede Shoes”; ability to play harmonica an asset; strong actor.
- Johnny Cash: actor/singer/guitar player; 20 – 30 years old; should look and sound somewhat like Johnny Cash without being an impersonator.
- Sam Phillips: actor; 30 – 45 years old; the Father of Rock ‘n’ Roll and founder of Sun Records; discovered Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and many others; a towering and charismatic figure.
- Jay Perkins: stand-up bass player; 20 – 40 years old; has to play upright rockabilly slap bass; should be comfortable saying a few lines.
Rehearsals: August 5 – Sept. 4, 2018
Performance Dates: Sept 5 – Sept 22, 2018
Please submit a headshot and resumé electronically to email@example.com
Deadline for submissions: February 22, 2018 at 5 pm.
New West Theatre will contact those selected for an audition with further information.