Character Interpreter – Summer Street Theatre Program 2018
Heritage Park Historical Village
Heritage Park is looking for Character Interpreters to play a wide range of roles for the 2018 spring/summer street theatre program. Become a member of the acting troupe presenting historically based vignettes through a variety of theatrical forms portraying pre-1914 Western Canada. Dressed in authentic turn-of-the-century costumes, the Character Interpreters will perform a variety of different scripts in the heart of the historical village. The living history environment facilitates the opportunity for improvised interactions which completes the Park’s immersive guest experience.
- Post-secondary drama training and some previous acting experience (equivalences will be considered)
- Proven performance skills in acting, excellent verbal communication and public relations skills, and the ability to imaginatively develop and physically project a character
- Familiarity with historical interpretation is considered an asset
- Auditions will be held on March 17, 2018 and March 18, 2018 and selected candidates will have to perform a prepared monologue and complete a cold read, singing is optional
- Full details will be sent to candidates selected to audition
- Rehearsals are mandatory for all Character Interpreters from April 16, 2018 to May 18, 2018
Performances run from May 19, 2018 to September 3, 2018 (9:30am to 5:00pm)
- The work week is 35 hours with two consecutive weekdays off
Make a little history of your own!
If you are interested in auditioning, please forward your resume and headshot in confidence by March 9, 2018 to: email@example.com or send it to Heritage Park Historical Village, 1900 Heritage Drive S.W. Calgary, Alberta T2V 2X3. Attn: Human Resources or by FAX at 403.268.8554. While only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview, we thank all applicants for your interest in Heritage Park.
For more information about the Park, visit www.HeritagePark.ca