StoryBook Theatre is looking to hire a Piano Instructor for the next session of the Ellie Tims Project.
ELLIE TIMS PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Ellie Tims Project is named after one of the founders of StoryBook Theatre whose passion for arts education allowed for students and emerging artists to have a starting point in theatre. This program will give students who otherwise cannot afford it, the opportunity to take piano, dance and voice lessons to begin their journey in the performing arts.
StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking Piano Instructors for our Theatre School Ellie Tims Project. We are looking for experienced teachers to instruct children ages 6-18 in our after school program. Instructors will be responsible for teaching group piano classes to children of varying skill levels. Instructors will report directly to the Theatre School Administrator.
February 7, 2018 to May 9, 2018
*No Classes February 21 & April 4
Classes run Wednesday’s from 4:00-5:00 (younger students) & 5:00-6:00 (older students)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Music and/or Education OR equivalent professional experience
• Minimum two years teaching or directing experience
• Strong instructional and classroom management skills
• High level of personal organization and planning
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Must work well in a team setting
• Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.storybooktheatre.org/jobapplication
DEADLINE: Monday, January 29, 2018