*THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*
Keyano Theatre Technical Director
The Technical Director (TD), under the direction of the Production Manager, will work in all aspects of technical services including the supervision and operation of the Keyano Theatre & Art Centre performance venues. The TD leads a full-time technical staff of four, several short term contract/casual employees and designers plus many volunteers and students.
There is an expectation the Technical Director may be required to assist with the operation of performances.
- Technical Theatre diploma from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of qualifications acceptable by the employer.
- Minimum four years relevant experience in theatres with excess of 400 seats.
- A high level of expertise is required in all areas of technical theatre such as carpentry, audio, lighting, video, rigging, wardrobe, problem solving, time management and proficiency with hazard assessments and elimination.
- A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community theatre, and the safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD. 3D show rendering / visualizations are definite assets.
- Working at heights and working with rigging / fly systems and the associated equipment is required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required for the position.
- Standard First Aid and Pyro Certification are assets.
- The ability to work with a variety of clients in a diverse, fast-paced environment is essential.
- Good communication skills, the desire to work in a strong team setting and a healthy sense of humour are all requirements.
- Frequent evening and weekend work is required.
$70,836.82/annum. This position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review) and includes a comprehensive health and benefit package.
For more information or to submit applications please visit: www.Keyano.ca/careers