Equity is excited to announce the return of the Stage West Emerging Artist
Award. Stage West has generously committed a $2,500 award to an Equity
member who will be selected by the Equity Honours Committee.
In order to qualify for nomination, the nominee must:
- Be a full Equity member in good standing; and
- Have been an Equity member for 3 years or less (i.e. the member must
have joined Equity as of 01/31/2015 or later); and
- Have made (a) significant contribution(s) to culturally specific work
(*Referenced work must be under an Equity contract)
Nomination Deadline: January 15, 2018
Eligible members must be nominated by a colleague, or by a theatre.
Members may not self-nominate for this award. Each application must
include all of the following:
- Artist’s resume.
- Nomination letter. This letter must specifically address the nominee’s
significant contribution(s) to culturally specific work in Canada.
- Support letters from at least three theatre professionals (e.g. Equity
member, theatre manager or playwright). Support letters must also address
the award criteria as per the nomination letter. Each letter should be a
maximum of one page.
- Applicant’s full address, email and telephone number, and the address
and telephone number of the supporting theatre professional(s).
- Applications may also include additional documentation to a maximum of
five pages. A maximum of one media link (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo performance
or interview) may be included. Please do not send original documents as
materials submitted cannot be returned.
- Headshots are not required.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
- Applications must be post-marked by Monday, January 15, 2018.
Nomination packages may be emailed to communications at caea.com (note: zip
files are prohibited) or mailed to Equity’s National Office to the
attention of “Stage West Award Nomination Committee” at the address below.