Do you have an idea for a great show for Walterdale Theatre Associates to produce that you have always wanted to direct? Now is the time to submit for the 2018-2019 season.
Submission deadline is: January 5, 2017
Walterdale Theatre- 60th Season Submission
10322 – 83rd Avenue NW
You may also drop off the package during office hours.
Please submit the following materials:
- A copy of the script (If you submit the original script, it will be returned to you – photocopies will not be).
- A copy of your theatre résumé highlighting your directorial experience both with Walterdale & in other theatrical settings.
- The 60th Season will focus on “Celebration of Community”
- A Directorial Proposal (your concept) – including the following:
- Why you think this would be a good show for Walterdale to produce?
- How does this piece tie into the theme of year?
- Casting requirements (Note: this must not include casting considerations. All casts for Walterdale productions must be selected from auditions).
- What Production Team (if any) you would bring with you into the project. Production team members are not required for a submission and can be recruited at a later date with the assistance of Walterdale.
- ANY information that might affect budget (e.g. Chorus size for a musical or size of ensemble in a straight play, desire for period dress, rental of special equipment).
- Recent Production history within the Edmonton area. Please provide information including most recent production(s) in the Edmonton area noting year of production & the company that produced the piece.
- Why you feel this piece is relevant to the Edmonton community and would appeal to them at this point in time?
What kinds of shows are we looking for?
Walterdale must meet the needs of a variety of people. The season must collectively entertain, encourage & challenge our diverse audience. Possible options to consider (but not limited to):
- A full-length Canadian script.
- A musical.
- Plays with good roles for both men & women (with a variety of ages )
- Dramas, Comedies, Thrillers, Classics, etc…
- A variety of topics and issues that many different people can relate to or learn from.
Applying directors are permitted to submit a maximum of 2 pieces for consideration for the season. Preference may be given to directors who did not direct a production in the most recent season. If new to directing, please contact Bethany Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to become an Assistant Director.