Freedom Tech Production is hosting two tech classes in early 2018, both are open to registration with limited space available.
STEP INTO FOLEY
“Step into Foley” is a 2-day introductory Foley workshop with professional Foley artist Chris Szott (Blade Runner 2049, A Handmaids Tale). In this class you will have the opportunity to explore the exciting world of Foley design, location sound, ADR, and post production. Class space is limited (only 12 spaces available) to give you the best opportunity to expand your skill set with hands on instruction.
Date: Feb 10/11, 2018
Location: #202 10526 Jasper Ave, Edmonton Alberta
This workshop will run 6 hours each day (10am – 4pm) with one half hour lunch break
cost: $250 + GST
STEP INTO SOUND
(10-week course, every Monday night)
Start Date: Feb. 12, 2018 – April 30, 2018 (No class on Family Day or Easter Monday)
Cost: $500 +GST
“Step into Sound” is a 10-week basic audio class taught by Steve McGonigle Owner of Blackbox Studios and sound engineer for over 20 years.
In this course you will learn:
- Intro to signal flow
- Microphones/mic placement
- Equalization, “insert” type processing (compression/expansion/gates/multiband)
- Time based “aux” type effects (reverb/delay/chorus, etc.)
- LIVE – set-up/patching, mock sound check
- LIVE – Mixing
- RECORDING – studio design/treatments/isolation/gear
- RECORDING – Logic PRO basics (recording/editing/mixing)
*Having an iPad will be beneficial but not mandatory
All equipment will be provided except for the iPad.