*THIS POSTING HAS BEEN CLOSED*
About Making Treaty 7 Cultural Society
- Identify and research prospective donors;
- Create schedule to monitor application and reporting deadlines;
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied;
- Track organizational statistics required for funding reports.
- Coordinate, attend and record all event planning sessions;
- Manage registration process, preparation, and dissemination of all materials including entering/modifying registration data, producing reports and registration lists;
- Assisting and responding to attendee inquiries via phone and email in a timely manner;
- Management of all onsite volunteers – creating processes and documents for a smooth process onsite;
- Assist Event Managers with event logistics which include: menu selection, event rentals, recruiting and confirming volunteers, on-site event support, event data entry and other event production elements.
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute communications;
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents;
- Produce reports, presentations, and briefs;
- Develop and maintain contact mailing lists;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- A post-secondary degree and/or 3 years related experience in arts administration, event planning and/or fundraising;
- Ability to relate to First Nations, culturally diverse & mainstream community and colleagues;
- Sensitivity and interest in the Indigenous and Treaty 7 First Nations traditions and community issues;
- Knowledge and/or experience in the operations of not-for-profit arts organizations in general, particularly the performing arts;
- Excellent communication skills, organizational/strategic planning, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Competency in the use of Mac software and Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of programs like WordPress, InDesign, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, and Survey Monkey is considered an asset;
- Excellent conceptualization, problem-solving & project leadership skills.