The Pumphouse Theatre is one of Calgary’s leading performing arts organizations and for 45 years has been providing affordable, professional quality facilities and services to Calgary’s cultural community and fostering development through arts education programming. We are seeking applications to fill the position of Administrator. This is a full-time position and a critical role in our management team. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and liaising with senior managers, the Administrator is responsible for administrative and managerial tasks related to the programs and operations of the Pumphouse Theatre.
Functional aspects of the position will include:
- Management of public and private funding applications: ongoing operational funding and sourcing new and project streams.
- Overseeing Pumphouse Theatre Society communications: managing online presence by creating and posting all website, social media, and digital newsletter content; creating and distributing marketing materials for education program and Calgary Region One-Act Play Festival; and liaising with publicity contractors.
- Collaborate with Director of Programming to conceive of and execute Lobby Art Gallery Exhibits.
- Ensure execution of all rental client contracts.
- Collaborate with CEO and other senior staff on programming and strategic planning.
- Aid senior staff and board in volunteer coordination and event execution.
- Office administration: supervise departmental budgets, order supplies, field donation requests and other community-related requests.
- Other duties as fits successful candidate’s experience and skills.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary degree and/or 5 years related experience in arts management;
- Excellent communication skills, organizational/strategic planning, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of programs like WordPress, Photoshop, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, and Survey Monkey are considered an asset; and
- Excellent conceptualization, problem-solving & project leadership skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package (extended health and dental, short and long term disability, travel and life insurance) and salary is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume (including three professional references) no later than October 27, 2017. Applications can be emailed to Michelle Kneale at [email protected]; mailed to 2140 Pumphouse Avenue SW Calgary, AB T3C 3P5; or faxed to 403-237-5357.
The Pumphouse wishes to thank all those that apply, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.