GHOST RIVER THEATRE SEEKS ASSOCIATE INTERN
Ghost River Theatre is accepting applications for the 10-month position of Associate Intern. The position will commence October/November 2017 in Calgary AB. Applications will be accepted until October 13th, 2017. Please email applications to Artistic Director Eric Rose at erose[at]ghostrivertheatre.com with subject line: Associate Intern Application.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Associate Intern reports directly to the Artistic Director and General Manager. Responsibilities of the Associate Intern, both shared and individual, may include:
- Supporting the Artistic Director, GM, and Artistic Associate in all aspects of season programming and planning
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of our creation processes and new play development. Depending on the candidate’s artistic skill set there may be the opportunity to participate through observation or participation in the creation/rehearsal process, dependant on projects and availability.
- Contributing to strategic planning, organizational development and ongoing operational activities, particularly publicity, grant writing, social media, and fundraising activities.
- Producing support on works in production and in development, to include research, gathering of materials, setting up interviews and appointments, and sourcing applicable partners.
- Publicity duties to include the distribution of media releases, scheduling of interviews, and subsequent follow ups.
- Assisting with educational and outreach programming based on our season of activities. This will include safe space inclusion, intern engagement, and the development of the GRT Code of Conduct.
- Production management and administrative support (eg. attend West Village Theatre Board Meetings, project budget reconciliation, Front of House needs, document management, and archiving)
- Serve as an artistic spokesperson and advocate for GRT in the community
- Helping to build contacts and relationships with other performing arts organizations in Calgary, Alberta and nationally/internationally with a view to collaborations, touring, co-productions and/or residencies.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Passion and curiosity for exploring and pushing the boundaries of live performance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and systems such as Google Drive and Dropbox
- Producing and budget management experience
- Good project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a high level of self motivation
- An understanding of alternative theatre making processes and the challenges and demands of producing unique innovative live performance
The successful applicant will be keen to represent Ghost River Theatre in the local, national and international performing arts community, and in helping shape the future of Ghost River Theatre under the leadership and vision of the Artistic Director.
This is a part-time 10-month contract. The successful applicant will be expected to put in approximately 15-20 hours a week depending on activities. Exact scheduling is flexible, and may demand more of the applicant in production months, and less in others. The Salary for this position is $1000/month
Interested applicants are asked to apply by email by FRIDAY OCTOBER 13th at 5pm to Artistic Director, Eric Rose at [email protected] with the subject line: Associate Intern Application. Please submit a cover letter, which outlines your passion, career goals, and any unique skills or experiences you possess (artistic, producing, and/or administrative), as well as a current resume and the names and contact information of two references. In your cover letter please include one paragraph on what you believe to be the future of Canadian performance and your role in creating that future.
Applicants must have at least two-years of professional theatre experience in any discipline (directing, acting, design, stage management) or a multi-disciplinary practice. The ideal candidate is eager to contribute and excited to learn with a particular interest in the creation, production, and touring of original performance.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE RBC EMERGING ARTISTS PROJECT FOR MAKING THIS INTERNSHIP POSSIBLE!