CALL FOR ACTOR SUBMISSIONS FOR GENERAL AUDITIONS, FREEWILL SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL 2018 (EDMONTON)
Freewill Shakespeare Festival Artistic Director Marianne Copithorne and Guest Director Dave Horak are holding general auditions for the Freewill Shakespeare Festival, 2018. We encourage and welcome submissions from qualified diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
WHEN: Monday, November 13th, 2017
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Noon on Monday November 2nd, 2017.
HOW TO ARRANGE AN AUDITION:
- Submit resume and headshot by email to Marianne Copithorne ([email protected]) indicating your interest in participating in the general audition, and include your name in the subject line.
- Preference will be given to CAEA members
- Preference will be given to actors living in Alberta
- Early submissions are strongly preferred; late submissions will not be accepted.
- No phone calls please.
- If you have previously worked on a Freewill production, or have auditioned recently, you will not need to arrange a general audition but we encourage you to state your interest in being considered for the upcoming season.
- We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an audition will be contacted.
- We are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your submission package.
WHERE: The Edmonton Opera Production Facility: 15230-128th Ave, Edmonton, Alberta.
WHAT TO PREPARE: One monologue from Shakespeare’s comedies, and one monologue from Shakespeare’s tragedies. Please bring a hardcopy of your resume and photo to the audition.
ABOUT THE FREEWILL SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL: For information about The Freewill Shakespeare Festival, please visit freewillshakespeare.com.