Theatre Calgary is looking for an enthusiastic, collaboratively-focused, individual to join our team as our Head Dresser.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Head Dresser is responsible for the wardrobe running requirement of Theatre Calgary’s productions and being a key part of creating a safe and positive environment for all our artists and crew.
Responsibilities of the Head Dresser include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in all performance and technical rehearsals where costumes are required.
- Maintenance, laundering and repairing all costumes.
- Maintenance of all relevant departmental equipment.
- Management of all additional wardrobe running crew, as required by production.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean work environment
- Working closely, collaboratively and effectively with the wardrobe construction department, other backstage departments, and creative teams.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLSET
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least 5 years experience working in a wardrobe running position, or similar position with transferable skillsets
- Experience managing and running a crew and/or department.
- Ability to work in a fast, quick-paced environment.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude toward their role and desire for continued professional development
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- This is a seasonal position with guarantee of a minimum of 40hrs/week for 40 weeks per theatre season.
- This position operates under a collective agreement with IATSE, local 212
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a minimum of 2 references, to Amelia Marie Newbert, Production and Operations Manager at email@example.com no later than Thursday, Oct 12.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness.