SkirtsAfire 2018 Call for Peep Show!
SkirtsAfire along with Alberta Playwrights’ Network are now accepting submissions for the sixth annual “Peep Show!, a tease of new plays” to be presented at SkirtsAfire Festival, taking place March 8-11, 2018 in Edmonton.
SkirtsAfire Festival values diversity in the women we represent and therefore welcomes submissions from women artists from all diverse backgrounds including trans women, self-identifying women, the LGBTQ2 community, all ethnicities and all abilities.
- All plays submitted must have been written by Edmonton and area women
- 1 Play will be chosen in each of two categories (2 plays total):
Category 1 – must be a new, non-produced piece
Category 2 – must be a piece that has had a production or extensive workshop, but still needs further development
Chosen playwrights in each category:
- Will receive a cash prize of $250 each
- Will receive 3 full days of workshopping and dramaturgy spread out over the months leading up to SkirtsAfire Festival, culminating in a public staged reading at SkirtsAfire in March 2018
Runner-up playwrights in each category:
- Will receive an Alberta Playwrights’ Network 1/2 day Wordshed workshop
Submission guidelines are as follows:
- Your play must be received by midnight via e-mail on Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- Playwrights may submit a different play for each category
- Please include a cover letter with contact information, a brief playwright biography, a synopsis of the play(s) being submitted, and which category you are submitting in (Category 1 non-produced OR Category 2 previously produced)
- If submitting in the produced play category, please include a history of the play’s development
- No musicals will be accepted
Please send submissions to:
Tracy Carroll, Peep Show! Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: November 1, 2017
For more information, please visit www.albertaplaywrights.com or www.skirtsafire.com/call-peep-show.