Job Posting: Front of House Manager
We at Alberta Theatre Projects, create community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Administration, this is a full time position.
Specific responsibilities include:
- On site oversight of ushers, bartenders and volunteer staff
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as caterers and sponsors to confirm attendance and patron event details
- Scheduling and administration of staff timesheets
- Scheduling and managing volunteers
- Bar and concession cash reconciliations
- Managing various budget lines, inventory control, ordering product
- Providing superior customer service to Alberta Theatre Projects patrons
- On site troubleshooting, problem solving and general management
- Preparing event memos in advance for Alberta Theatre Projects staff
- Representing Alberta Theatre Projects on site by coordinating and organizing patron events
- Ensuring smooth theatre and lobby function during performances and events
The successful candidate for this position will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational and time management abilities
- An outgoing, friendly personality
- Theatre management experience an asset
- Experience in people management
- Strategic thinking skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong self-motivational skills and an ability to work unsupervised
- A passion for and knowledge of theatre, arts and culture
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail
- Evening/weekend availability
- ProServe and First Aid certification
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to Kate Donovan at email@example.com no later than 5:00pm September 22, 2017. Thank you to all applicants.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.