POSITION: Technical Assistant for Touring Musical- Great Big Boo!
SALARY: Competitive rate, plus per diem
LOCATION: Edmonton, Alberta
REPORTS TO: Company Manager
START DATE: October 9, 2017
Wondersee Entertainment is a division of Patrick Roberge Productions Inc. (PRP), a global creative agency that produces original entertainment content. We are a leader in creating a world that is entertained through shared experiences. We imagine beyond the possible, have fun in the process and we do it great. With a shared set of values and a commitment to excellence, every member of the Wondersee Entertainment team is dedicated to deliver entertainment that wow the public and inspire audiences.
The Technical Assistant will be one of two crew members working on a touring Halloween musical, The Great Big Boo! There will be several tours happening simultaneously across Canada in late October 2017. The Technical Assistant will work closely with the Company Manager to ensure day-to-day show operations run smoothly and the shows run effectively in all locations. This role calls for a dynamic and organized individual who will effectively work with a diverse team. The ideal candidate is organized, punctual, and an excellent problem solver. They have a strong attention to detail and always have fun in the process.
- Authentically represent Wondersee Entertainment’s vision, mission and values
- Act as driver for the tour
- Coordinate, implement, and support technical elements for all shows
- Set up and strike of set and lighting within each venue
- Assist with change-over between shows, including prop and costume set up
- Undertake set, prop, and equipment maintenance as required
- Light to moderate lifting and movement of equipment required for all load in and
- Awareness of health and safety
- Provide a personal laptop and cell phone they can utilize for the role
- Complete post-tour report
- Other duties as required
- Possess personal values alignment with Wondersee Entertainment
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and the ability to drive a rental vehicle
- Must be based in Edmonton
- Must have previous experience with a similar role
- Must be available for rehearsals (October 12-13)
- Must be available for travel for all tour and prep dates between October 18- November 1
- Able to provide a minimum of three work references
- Willingness to travel
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and résumé directly to email@example.com with “Last name – Technical Assistant – Edmonton” in the subject line. Please apply by September 18, 2017.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.