Director of Development:
Reporting directly to the Executive Director this is a full time, leadership position.
At Alberta Theatre Projects, we create community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Development of annual and multi-year strategies inspired by ATP’s mission and our adaptive change strategies to achieve individual and corporate philanthropic giving, corporate sponsorship and special events revenue goals.
- Develop annual fundraising targets and department budgets as well as multi-year projections.
- Lead the development of a new major gifts program towards ATP’s 50th Anniversary season in 2021-2022.
- Prospecting and cultivating new individual and corporate donor relationships to achieve ATP’s development goals.
- Identify and cultivate growth in ATP’s current donor and sponsor relationships.
- Lead and manage the stewardship of donor and sponsor relationships.
- Lead the creation of messaging and materials to promote development initiatives that reflect ATP’s brand in collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Lead and manage Development Team.
The successful candidate for this position will possess:
- A passion for performing arts and the creation of new work.
- Well-developed, forward thinking leadership talent.
- 3- 5 years of experience in fund development, individual giving and corporate sponsorship with a track record of results.
- Post-secondary degree. Additional professional development in fundraising and CFRE designation is an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Public Relations experience an asset.
- Experience with Tessitura Customer Relationship Management is an asset.
- Ability and enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, adaptive team environment.
- Ability and enthusiasm for directing and motivating a team.
Alberta Theatre Projects is a not for profit professional theatre company with an annual budget of $3.6M that has been serving Calgary for 46 years.
A competitive, experience-based compensation package with benefits will be provided.
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability.
Please send your letter of interest and resume by email to Sharon Lensen, Director of Finance and Administration, at email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls. Applications must be received no later than: Monday September 25, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. MST and will not be considered after that time.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com