Heritage Park’s Once Upon A Christmas seeking Lighting & Sound Operator/Stage Manager for original Opera House Musical.
Coal In Your Stocking (A Christmas Coal Mining Musical)
Script and Lyrics By: Trevor Matheson, Garry Buzzard & Melissa Dorsey
Music By: Melissa Dorsey
Play Run Time: 30 minutes
Synopsis: Mine manager Mr. Bolton tries to trick Penelope into selling him the “worthless” mine her father left her. Joe smells something funny and goes down into the mine on Christmas Eve to investigate. But will he make it to Christmas Day alive?
TECH RESPONSIBILITIES *will train*:
- The tech will be responsible for turning on and shutting down all of the tech equipment.
- Must give actors call times leading up to showtimes.
- Will operate sound and lights during the show.
- Will be responsible for instructing volunteer ushers on their jobs (handing out programs, seating and doors)
TECH REQUIRED REHEARSALS:
- The tech will not be required to attend all of the rehearsals. Tech training dates will be subject to the candidate’s availability. Depending on the chosen candidate’s skill level, the tech will be required to attend rehearsals starting Nov 1 (schedule to be determined).
- Rehearsals will be held at Heritage Park.
- Persons submitting must be available for all of the tech, dress and preview dates below. No exception.
- Sunday, November 19 (1PM-5PM) = Cue to Cue
- Tuesday, November 21 (6:30PM-10PM) = Tech Rehearsal
- Wednesday, November 22 (6:30PM-10PM) = Dress Rehearsal
- Thursday, November 23 (6:30PM-10PM) = Preview
- There will be 4 performances a day in the Opera House at Heritage Park on Saturdays & Sundays.
- Call time will be 10AM.
- Shows will be at 11AM, 12PM, 1PM & 2PM.
- Techs will be released after shutting down the house from their last performance of the day (around 3PM).
- The show will be double cast. We will have a Saturday cast and a Sunday cast. We are willing to do this with our tech persons as well. If you wish to be considered to tech both Saturday and Sunday shows, please include that in your submission.
- November 25/26
- December 2/3
- December 9/10
- December 16/17
- December 23
- Persons submitting must be available for either all the Saturday performance dates or all the Sunday performance dates or both. No exception.
- Sunday, September 24, 2017 @ 5PM-10PM
- Monday, September 25, 2017 @ 4PM-10PM
- Please clearly indicate with your submission your availability for the interview dates.
- Interviews will be held at Heritage Park.
PERSONS IN ATTENDANCE: Artistic Liaison – Trevor Matheson, Musical & Technical Director – Melissa Dorsey
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Friday, Sept 22, 2017 @ 5pm.
Interested techs please send the following via e-mail to Trevor Matheson at [email protected].
- Headshot or picture of yourself
- Any availability conflicts for the interview times, rehearsal or performance dates
- Subject line “HP 2017 Christmas Tech Submission,”
Only those selected will be contacted with an interview time. Heritage Park is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. Coal In Your Stocking is a volunteer tech contract. Equity members will not be seen at these auditions.