Theatre Disponibilité would like to invite applications for the position of Associate Director. We are looking for a committed and collaborative artist who will work with the artistic team on a range of managerial and creative tasks required to produce our 2017-2018 season.
Summary of Position:
The Associate Director will work part-time alongside the Artistic Director to ensure the smooth operation of the company. The ideal candidate will be a performer who wishes to sustain his or her own career whilst developing skills in management and production.
- Promote the long-term well-being of the company and maintain the integrity of the mission statement.
- Assist the Artistic Director in the casting of productions.
- Review productions for artistic quality and financial efficiency.
- Assist the Artistic Director in the hiring of technical staff.
- Assume the role of Assistant Director when required.
- Assist in Administrative duties.
- Undertake performance opportunities as they arise.
Fundraising, Marketing and Publicity duties:
- Assist the Managing Director by researching funding opportunities.
- Collaborate on the drafting of grant applications and funding proposals.
- Collaborate on the production of publicity materials for upcoming productions.
- Take responsibility for creating and maintaining the company’s social media presence.
- Attend Board meetings or Sponsorship Committee meetings as required.
- Assist in the creation and marketing of fundraising events.
- Research potential areas of sponsorship.
- Attend board meetings and committee meetings as required.
To apply please outline in a covering letter your reasons for wishing to collaborate in a theatre company environment, and send this by e-mail along with a current CV outlining your performance experience, training and qualifications. Deadline to apply: October 1, 2017.
The address for applications is email@example.com
Details of the company’s productions for the 2017-2018 season can be found at: www.theatredisponibilite.org