Trickster Theatre is looking to add a Videographer to our team for a large upcoming project, Canada 150 – Our Many Faces.
Position Type: Contract
Expected Contract Date: Flexible, between September 2017 – June 2018
2017 marks Canada’s 150th birthday. In our upcoming season, many of our residencies will be focusing on Canada’s big birthday. We will be covering a variety of themes, and in addition to our traditional theatre residency program, students will be creating digital stories about what Canada means to them.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shooting video in schools around Alberta
- Editing multi-camera footage
- Managing a video database, and uploading to our Kids Go Global website
- Creating templates, and tutorials for teachers and students
- Working with students to create video essays
- Integrating historical video footage / pictures into residency productions
- Managing Vimeo and You-Tube accounts
- Organizing and scheduling video work in schools
The ideal candidate:
- Proficient with Apple products
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, Premiere Pro & Photoshop)
- Must have strong editing and shooting skills
- Experience managing / editing websites (HTML / CSS) considered an asset
- Extremely organized, you will be managing multiple projects
- Professional, creative, friendly, efficient – you will be working alongside other artists, students (K-12), parents, teachers, and other staff members
- Must be ok with travel (managed by our team) and being away for short periods of time (schools involved in Canada 150 are across Alberta)
- Must hold a valid class 5 driver’s licence
Trickster Theatre is a not-for-profit performing arts company bringing the arts to schools. We have been around since 1980 , have performed around the world, and have completed over 700 residencies in schools around Alberta. For more information on Trickster, and the upcoming Canada 150 project, please visit our website http://www.trickstertheatre.com/
Does this sound like an opportunity that excites you? Then the team at Trickster would love to hear from you! Please send your resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and links to examples of your work (or portfolio) to Nimrodel Whiting – [email protected].
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applications must be received no later than: Friday, September 8, 2017.