iSucceed Program Coordinator
iHuman Youth Society is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to serve marginalized youth to promote their reconnection to the community through a program involving crisis intervention, arts mentorship, and life skills development.
Reporting to the Director, Authenticity Programs, the iSucceed Program Coordinators are warriors serving in the lead role for engaging Indigenous Youth in stabilizing their participatory capacity in the economy through outreach projects, volunteer engagement, culture, work or training experiences. Coordinators work in partnership to team deliver the program to youth.
- Develop and implement protocols to engage Indigenous youth, which involves working closely with youth, coaching them to overcome barriers, introducing cultural and traditional knowledge into the youths’ experiences, and supporting and empowering youth to identify their hopes and aspirations to create healthy futures.
- Manage caseload, develops case plans and goal setting action plans with each youth.
- Identify individual youth requirements and collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator, to match volunteer recruits to youth participating in program.
- Network with internal and external stakeholders to support youths’ action plans.
- Conduct on-going evaluation to ensure program outcomes are achieved.
- Maintain records and prepare reports as directed by the Authenticity Director.
- Well-developed network of contacts within and strong cultural connections to the Indigenous community, specifically knowledge and protocols of male traditional teachings
- Creative interest in the arts (visual, music, performance, dance, textile); experience using arts mentorship as an engagement tool with youth
- Experience working with vulnerable youth in high-risk situations
- Related post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Experience in programming, outreach services and working with volunteers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; well-honed coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop trust relationships with youth; respond to situations with understanding, sensitivity, astuteness and professionalism
- Must be organized and have excellent follow through
- Must demonstrate initiative, be a self-starter and work independently
- Excellent adaptability, flexibility and teamwork skills are required
- Computer competency with Mac and PC
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs/wk 11:00-7:00pm; occasional evening and weekend hrs.
Salary: $20.00 – $21.00 per hour ($39,000 – $40,950)
Posting Closes: September 8, 2017
To Apply: Forward Cover Letter and Resume (in PDF or Word format ONLY) to:
HR Consultant, iHuman Youth Society
We thank all applicants for applying. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We expect to conduct interviews on September 13, 2017.